Main Help Page
Welcome to the thisisnessie.com Help page.
We believe that purchasing on-line should be as easy and painless as buying in a store. In fact we've done away with the need to get
there, park the car and tangle with a load of other shoppers so arguably this should be easier. In all cases we endeavour to be fair to the consumer
and, at a minimum, comply with all legal requirements for selling on-line.
The links below will guide you through all the legal stuff we have to have these days but we have also provided a plain-English guide
so you can see what all those long documents are really saying...
As you can see below, it's a pretty standard 4 step process using a secure third party provider, PayPal, to handle all the money stuff.
You are taken from our site to a secure PayPal payment page. Once payment has been confirmed you will be returned to nessiemaclay.com which will
confirm that your order has gone through and will be processed. It really is a simple, but if you have any things you would like us to clarify, then
please let us know.
Buying Online security:
Lots of people worry about buying on-line. These days, however, it is a very straight forward and secure process, as long as you follow
some basic security rules:
Don't give out your Pin number to anyone: bona-fide websites will not ask for your pin number or passwords, they will only require your
credit card number, the 3-digit security number on the back of the card, the card-holder's address and the name on the card. Everything else is explained
in the SagePay payments system system itself as you go through the payment process.
Don't respond to emails requesting you to confirm card/account details: Bona-fide websites will not send you emails asking you to confirm
passwords or card details.
thisisnessie.com uses probably the largest online payments provider in the UK SagePay, so that your payment details are guaranteed secure.
Only SagePay verify your details, no one at thisisnessie.com ever gets to see or access your card details.
Our terms are based on the principle of do to others as you'd like done to you... bit old fashioned but we find it works :)
- If we cancel an order you won't get charged
- We try and make sure the website is trouble free, but if there are glitches please accept our apologies - the internet can be an
awkward partner and does have a mind of its own sometimes.
- If anything goes wrong whilst you are ordering, you won't be charged
- All 5 steps have to be completed 100% for an order to go through.
- We will send you an email of order confirmation
- If we misprice anything then you will be charged the lower of the prices... it's a fair cop if it is our mistake.
- All our prices are in good old English pounds
- All the items on the website are in stock
- If you order something that turns out to be out of stock (perhaps 2 people ordered an item at exactly the same time) we will cancel
the order and refund you any money taken from your card.
- We will always do our best to make sure you get what you ordered when we said we would deliver it. If it doesn't go to plan we will do
our best to sort it out but we can't be held accountable for anything but the cost of the goods.
There's a delivery table and there's a price.
- The more you buy the cheaper it is per item.
- Orders over £100 are free in the UK for standard delivery (3-5 days)
- If you want it quicker it costs a bit more as we have to use a courier
- If you are lucky enough to live in Ireland or some outer Scottish island then things can cost a little more. Likewise if you live in
- We will always try to get post-it-for-me items sent the same day that they are received. However, please don't come after us waving a
feather duster above your head if your card doesn't arrive on time. We will have tried our best..
Let's be honest, we hate returns because they are a pain. It costs heaps to send stuff back and forth to keep our customers happy so we
have a pretty standard returns policy.
- If you have to return an item because you don't like it when it arrives then you have to pay the postage back to us.
- If an item is damaged or not as described on the website then we will pick up the tab.
- To return an item it must come back as it was sent to you, i.e. with the packaging and not half eaten.
- We will credit you for returned goods as soon as we get them back, as long as they are in the same condition.
- We don't do exchanges, we prefer to cancel and refund the original order and then get you to order the replacement item. It's much
simpler this way and saves confusion.
All the content on our website is copyright so please don't copy it or use it for anything else.
Please don't mess up our website (to the hackers and geeks out there)
- Your privacy will always be maintained when you are using The Web site.
- We use "cookies" to enhance the way the website performs for you. These are little files that sit on your computer and tell
the website how to display things such as video etc.
- We do not store anything on your computer that will personally identify you to us.
- We do not record any information about you when you visit our website unless we expressly need to for the reason of fulfilling an order.
- Any details we do store will not be used for any other reason.
- If you do give us your email we will only send you emails of useful information IF you tick a box and ask us to.